As the co-ordinator for the activity of the local, social and commercial working group, the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE), sister organisation to EIC, is now seeking additional input, proposals and ideas around the group’s areas of interest:
• Public sector social infrastructure – Including schools, hospitals and local authority buildings (both capital and RMI).
• Private sector commercial and community buildings (both capital and RMI).
• Regeneration – Supporting towns, homes and employment to level up the UK, and investing in developing the infrastructure chapters of local growth plans.
Matthew Farrow, managing director of EIC said: “Members will be uniquely placed to input into the proposals and help ensure the plans, recommendations and ideas put forward meet Government ambitions on net zero. There is a great opportunity to shape a recovery plan which delivers for the environment as well as industry and society.”
How you can help:
If you’re responding on behalf of a business or organisation, then please email your ideas, proposals and recommendations as soon as possible to: email@example.com.
If you’re responding as an individual, then we would suggest filling out ACE’s online form. Feedback is split into the three phases of the Roadmap’s framework, for the immediate, short and medium term.
• Restart – Understanding and stimulating demand, considering the best interventions now to meet long term demand
• Reset – Streamlining processes to support recovery, including planning
• Reinvent – Placemaking for growth, the role of the built environment in local recovery
The deadline is Friday 19 June 2020. The working group is expected to publish its findings by the start of July 2020.