Workshop: Innovation and the Clean Air Strategy
18 July, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This event follows on from our morning session on Delivering Clean Growth through Environmental Innovation. Please sign up for that event here.
This EIC workshop, in association with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, offers delegates an opportunity to work with Defra officials on the government’s draft Clean Air Strategy.
The workshop format will be as follows:
1. Overview of the consultation
Sejal Mahida, Team Leader: MCPD & Air Quality Innovation, Defra
2. Barriers to the uptake of existing technologies and how these barriers could be overcome
• Facilitated table discussions
3. Priorities for innovation funding
Facilitated table discussions covering the key areas in the Clean Air Strategy:
- Particulate matter emissions from industrial combustion, tyre, brake and road wear industrial processes and domestic burning;
- Zero or ultra-low emission heavy goods vehicles;
- Volatile organic compounds from industrial processes; and product formulation;
- Low and zero-emission options for non-road mobile machinery;
- Ammonia emissions from agriculture.
4. Opportunities for UK air quality industry going forward
Opening presentation: The current state of the air quality industry – Dan Williams, EIC Air Quality Working Group Chair
Facilitated table discussions
- Current state of the industry
- Potential areas for UK leadership
- Opportunities overseas both now and over the next 10-20 years
Each facilitated discussion will be followed by feedback from each table.
If you have any queries please get in touch with Sam Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org