Following an open registration of interest, we are pleased to announce the decision of EIC’s Advisory Board to nominate Philippa Spence as EIC Chair.
Philippa is currently UK Managing Director at global engineering, architecture and consultancy company, Ramboll.
A recognised industry expert and senior leader with a background in delivering complex sustainability, environmental and social projects across a multitude of sectors. Philippa was previously a senior partner at ERM and joined Ramboll in 2019 with a remit to grow the environment and health practice, drive greater multi-disciplinary delivery together with its engineering practices, and grow Ramboll’s sustainability consultancy offering. She was appointed Ramboll’s UK Managing Director in 2021.
Commenting on her appointment, Philippa Spence said: “Ramboll has been a strong supporter of EIC’s work over the years, and I’m hugely excited about the potential for EIC to deliver for all of its members – no matter the sector they work in, or their size.”
“The new Advisory Board and myself will be working collaboratively with the EIC Team to ensure that the interests of all of our members remains at the core of what we do. I’m looking forward to getting started in the new year.”
EIC CEO Stephen Marcos Jones added: “We’re absolutely delighted to welcome Philippa as our new Chair and looking forward to working together in 2023 and beyond to deliver for our members.”
“There is a busy programme of activity ahead, but I know that with the support of Phillipa and the new Advisory Board, we will be able to drive our advocacy activity on the industry’s behalf, while creating new business opportunities for members to seize. I hope you will join me in warmly welcoming Philippa to the role.”
As previously shared, EIC has refreshed its governance structure with a new Advisory Board to better reflect the make-up of its membership base. As well as the chairs of EIC’s advocacy groups, there are representatives with a remit for ‘technology’ and ‘SME’ members.
EIC Advisory Board 2023:
- Phillipa Spence, Ramboll – EIC Advisory Board Chair.
- Alex Tosetti, VU.City – Past Chair and technology company representative.
- Robert Spencer, AECOM – Nature and Biodiversity taskforce.
- Sarah Horrocks, Atkins – Air Quality taskforce.
- Adam Read, Suez – Waste and Resources taskforce.
- Milaila Bentz, Jacobs – Water taskforce.
- Peter Atchison, PA Geotechnical – Contaminated Land working group.
- Ken Scally, Suez – Environmental Labs working group.
- Matthew Hunt, Royal HaskoningDHV – EIC/ACE Climate Change group.
- Mark Skelton, Temple Group – SME representative.